Hello!
Brixton is growing and growing, which is a great thing. It also means that my stomach is growing and growing along with him! Yay! (sigh). The fun of the third trimester is beginning! Including:
*Heartburn galore! (I went through an entire bottle of Tums in about a week. I also keep some ready to rock and roll on my nightstand for our nightly lava fest that comes on around 3 am.)
*Braxton-Hicks! (I've had these puppies since about 14 weeks. I seriously thought I was going to have to call the doctor yesterday when I was getting about 4-5 of them an hour. But we just went to a party and I forgot all about them. Problem solved.)
*Itchy, numb skin! (The skin on my upper tummy is being stretched so much that it's literally numb, yet still itchy.)
*Sweets please! (I could eat only sweets all day long. Swedish Fish, pastries, ice-cream. Luckily I remember I'm growing a baby boy and not a lollipop, so I've been able to fit in some healthy stuff too).
No sign of the dreaded stretch marks yet, which is a relief, but hey--this is only the beginning of the third trimester, so let's not count anything out!
Brixton's having an absolute ball in there, strumming my ribs, kicking, pressing his limbs up, bouncing on my bladder and most recently--slamming his foot down on my cervix. Yes! So fun when you get a sharp, electric jolt in your crotch and feel like the baby is going to stick his hand out and give you a thumbs up.
I did have a dream last night that he was kicking me so incredibly hard that my whole body was shaking. I woke up and guess who actually was kicking me that hard--yep, his little kicks were coming through to my dreams. I can't wait to meet this guy.
And now, without further ado...
Daddy loves his Brixton too
Looks like I had a really hardy breakfast..
I wouldn't wear this little number to the market, but I wore it to a party last night. The day is so gray and dull I had to snaz it up a bit..
It was about 34 degrees out, but having watched the America's Next Top Model marathon yesterday, I could just hear Tyra saying, "Push through your discomfort!"
Or just hold your arms really close to your body..
See you next week for the 30 week bump AND hopefully some pics of Mr. Brixton!
Please give us a vote! Just click this little button and then the link! Thanks so much!









you look adorable!
ReplyDeletemaybe you won't get stretchmarks! i didn't get them for either of my pregnancies, so it is possible. :)
Thanks Deanna! I soooo hope I don't get stretchmarks..my mom didn't get them in any of her 4 pregnancies, so I'm hoping I won't either!
ReplyDelete~Kelley
lol... i think you proved crazy Tyra right!!
ReplyDeletelove the dress and the whole look.
heart burn? do you eat a lot of spicy food?
itchy skin? i used this almond massage oil from whole foods throughout my whole entire pregnancy. no itchy skin and no stretch marks :)
Thanks Claudia..Tyra is crazy huh??!
ReplyDeleteI don't eat a lot of spicy food--I actually have like two bumps--one is the baby and the doctor said the other is my intestines and guts that have just been pushed up (as is my body shape I guess) so I get horrible heartburn! :-(
Almond massage oil sounds delicious...oops..I guess it's not for eating though! :-)
You look great! I love dressing up for parties with a bump. :)
ReplyDeleteThat first picture made me melt! You look gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteCarey--A bump is a great accessory! And a conversation starter as it were!
ReplyDeleteMarie Marie-Thanks so much! I had to convince the hubs that it would be a cute photo!
You look awesome! I am a fellow Chicagoian and mama-to-be as well. I look forward to reading more of your posts!
ReplyDeleteAlso, when are you due?!
Becca-Thanks for reading! I am due in mid May and can't wait! Hope all is going smoothly for you too!
ReplyDelete~K