Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Etsy Shopping Spree-Round Two

Now where was I?
  
  We looked at the elephant, the tie onesies, the wooden states, the wooden cars, Inchy and the wool sweater. Here are three more things I got (and I'm still waiting on another three!  Yippee!)


6. Baby Rattle
When I got this rattle in the mail, and this is going to sound weird, I rubbed it on my lips.  Yep.  Weird.  But the wood was so smooth, smelled so good and just felt great that I did it without thinking.  I guess Lola felt the same way about the rattle.  I found it about an hour after receiving it on Brixton's floor, chewed up, bite marks in the lovely grain and bits on the carpet.

I started bawling.
  
I took it really personally that she did that.  It was like she chewed my baby.  She ruined the rattle. Brixton's fat hand would never get to hold it.  And all my dreams were crushed.  Luckily, Brendan took it down to the basement and sanded it for about an hour, getting out most of the rough spots and making it look okay again.  Not as beautiful, but I guess now it has a story attached to it.  

You can find a rattle like this one from Painted Turtle, a friendly Canadian couple with some beautiful wood-working skills.  They use a variety of woods: cherry, maple, walnut and white ash. 
(click pic to link to shop)



7. Nursery Mobile
I'm really picky about what's going in Brixton's room.  I hate that boy rooms seem hell-bent on having a theme, like safari animals or race cars.  I'd rather just have a hodge-podge of interesting things to look at, but at the same time I'm no design champion, so I just go with what I think looks right.

I found our nursery mobile on Little Dreamers Inc and knew the colors and shapes were right for me.  Initially, I was daunted by the price tag of the mobile, until I saw that she also offers a DIY version.  Sure enough, all the bits and pieces came together on a lazy Sunday in front of the TV and while it took me 4-5 hours, it saved me lots of cash and I can take some pride in having done it myself (and take credit for all the wonky bits I did wrong!). 




8. Jingle Balls
Finally for today, I found these cute, soft and great quality jingle balls.  I love the idea of having a ball I can toss at Brixton one day and if it hits him in the face or something it won't cause a river of tears and hurt feelings (from me!).  The stitching on these is of excellent quality and I think these will last for a long while (as long as Lola doesn't think they are for her!)  Additionally, Mommy can keep her sanity because the "jingle" is very, very quiet.  Thanks Little Ladybugz!


Still to come..a bicycle onesie, a teething doll and a hen baby rattle!

Please vote for us by clicking twice! Thanks!
 

5 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I've tried to stay away from easy because of it's addictive nature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. EM. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I NEED that mobile. For my own room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang dogs!! i'm waiting for the day that one of my dogs gets a hold of one of Porter's toys...and it WILL happen i already know it! at least you guys salvaged it and it wasn't ruined! that's great :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I reply to them too!