Dear Brixton,
When Mommy first realized you were growing in there all those months ago, she didn't realize what being pregnant was going to truly be like. We started with a dash of nausea (which, thanks B, only last about 2 weeks and was so very mild). We had a lot of food aversions and some cravings (I guess--just for the same stuff I always want--sweets, but pregnancy was a great excuse to order dessert at dinner or make Daddy take me out at 10pm for ice-cream).
I think the main course of my pregnancy yuckiness has been just being a plain old miserable moody-mood bag. Wow! It's kind of like 40 weeks of PMS with a few happy days thrown in there. Luckily, Daddy was already used to me being a crabby patty sometimes, so he's been great at just letting things go. Thanks Daddy.
There are some things though, that I thought would just never happen to me. Case in point: Linea Negra. Yep, I just thought that happens to other (unfortunate) people and I wouldn't have to see that. Well, guess who has it now?
(Raising hand)
It's not very dark, more of a linea light-negra if you will. But it's there, along with something else I never even dreamed of happening: a hairy stomach and it's sidekick--the hairy belly button. Together, these two are making belly button lint the size of gumballs. Except....
My belly button has popped out. So the aforementioned lint has nowhere to reside. Instead, a very icky belly button is just sitting there, waiting for Daddy to make fun of, which he does, calling it "dirty." (He might be right, I can barely see it).
And now I can barely shave my legs. It's like a Cirque de Soleil act in the bathtub or a splashing walrus. I found hairs on the backs of my legs that were (no joke) about an inch long. An inch. ________ About like that. Wow.
My stomach itches, my gallbladder might be fried, sleep is getting a little tough...but..
My hair. Wow! Thanks Brix! It's so thick! I wave it from side to side when I need Daddy's attention. I kind of feel awesome right now with the hair. I know it's temporary and will fall out (by the handfuls as one helpful friend put it) but for now I'm going to pretend it's just the norm.
By the way Baby, all this discomfort, the hairy legs, the belly button, the gas (and we didn't even go there!) is all for you. And it's so worth it just to feel your little kicks and jabs reminding me that you are coming soon and I won't even remember it all after seeing you.
Love,
Mommy
Kelly, This is so sweet. I'm glad you are having this experience. You will make a great Mommy! -Cassandra
ReplyDeleteCassandra~~~~~
ReplyDeleteThanks Chica! I can't believe I'm having this experience, but I'm glad I am. :-)
cute post! i didn't get a linea negra with gage, but four months post partum with owsley, and it's still there.
ReplyDeleteKelley, thank for taking me back! lol
ReplyDeleteok, linea negra, it will probably get a bit darker and mine only fully went away when Lily was almost 6 months old.
cirque de Soleil in the shower...been there but, try going to get waxed instead. i thought i was having contractions on the bed while the lady was waxing me when i was 7 months pregnant. ouch!
The hair.... oh the pregnant hair, how i loved it. and then when Lily was 2 months old, how i hated it.
it all fell out and it went straight!
Lily is now 16 months old and i can honestly say that it is finally back to how it was before i got pregnant.
my only advice would be to continue taking the prenatals or other vitamins and fish oil. none of which i did.
good luck with your tests today!
Thanks guys...
ReplyDeleteultrasound was fine, I can't tell what they are looking at, but I will tell you we saw Brixton kicking my gallbladder, so maybe that's been a source of the pain! It was so funny--all of a sudden a little leg popped out of nowhere and started beating my gallbladder up.
I was strangely proud.
:) K