Ahh Fall is coming.
I LOVE Fall. I love the crisp air, the changing leaves, the hayrides, the anticipation of Halloween. I love the boots, the scarves, the sweaters. I love the newness of the school year starting. I like the idea of the first fire in the fireplace and sipping pipping hot apple cider from toasty mugs. I like the time change and the extra hour of sleep. Starbucks holiday cups come out in the Fall. And my birthday is in the Fall. Indeed, a great season.
We are doing a bit of traveling coming up. Of course, this is all contingent on if I get a job or not. Strangely, we can travel more when I'm not working, which is odd because we have less money yet more time. Anyway, we are starting our Fall wanderings with a trip to...wait for it...Minneapolis! Wow! I've never been to Minnesota and Brendan kind of digs Minneapolis, so we are going for a few days to check it out. Anyone been there/live there?
Then, in November we are going to my parent's house in good old Chico, California. That will be fun..Thanksgiving, my brothers (one home from Afghanistan on leave), a new nephew meeting his cousin for the first time..lots of photos and memories on that trip.
But.
Today Brendan told me we might have to cancel that trip. He might be going to Munich and he wants me and the babe to come with! And he says it's too expensive to do trips like that back to back. Am I crazy because I told him if that's the case I don't want to go to Munich? (That statement caused a dirty look and a pout lip).
Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to go, but I really want my brothers to meet Brixton (and my Grandpa too) and I want to meet my new little nephew (Due November 17th). And I've been to Germany. Three times. So maybe that's not as exciting to me. I want both. Can I have both? I think so.
Sigh.
Also next month is the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. Last year I was newly pregnant and totally looking at all the girl stuff and it was so hot and humid and crowded.
This year we are hoping for cooler weather and a happy baby who doesn't mind being in the Bjorn--a stroller would be a nightmare at this thing and if some hipster blipster were to give me a dirty look because I was pushing a stroller, I'd be wont to..do something (probably give a dirty look back). So, no stroller.
Fall. Welcome. Stay awhile.
Sigh.
Also next month is the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. Last year I was newly pregnant and totally looking at all the girl stuff and it was so hot and humid and crowded.
This year we are hoping for cooler weather and a happy baby who doesn't mind being in the Bjorn--a stroller would be a nightmare at this thing and if some hipster blipster were to give me a dirty look because I was pushing a stroller, I'd be wont to..do something (probably give a dirty look back). So, no stroller.
Fall. Welcome. Stay awhile.

your nephew is due when owsley was due! (although he ended up being born on the 16th.)
ReplyDeleteYou could try getting some sponsors for your blog and maybe raise enough money to do both trips... ?? :) I'm with you on meeting/being with family- we live 10 hours from most of mine....
ReplyDeleteAlso, I share your love for fall! My anniversary is in October and my twin girls were born in November. I love sweaters and sweatshirts, leaves falling and the anticipation of the holidays... Its so colorful and wonderful! I cannot wait!
Deanna-I'm hoping he comes early (the 5th) which is my birthday and the birthday of my other nephew (born last year). That's really selfish huh? :-)
ReplyDeleteSarah-You are so cute. Sponsors? ME? Maybe one day..Yes, the holiday anticipation is so fun too..another reason why January stinks!!
LOVE FALL. So, so ready. Thanks for making me yearn EVEN MORE.
ReplyDeleteMunich! Go! Minneapolis! Go! I hope you can have both.
It sounds like you've got quite a few fun trips coming up! I hope you don't have to cancel the California one.
ReplyDeleteI also LOVE Fall. I wish we were moving to New England sooner; we're going to miss the foliage :(