All those pregnancy locks, that thick hair I would swing around wildly in Brendan's face to get his attention, the hair that didn't fall out after a shower (not even one!) is now staging a vicious exodus from my scalp.
I'm finding hairs all over the place, places hairs shouldn't be-- like in my mouth, or wrapped around the nipple of a bottle, or like the one that committed suicide by jumping into my bowl of cereal; its formally lustrous self floating in the milk, the light and dark contrasting.
Today it's become very obvious to me that the good times are over and it's back to mediocreville in regards to my hair. I took a shower and while combing my hair afterwards I had enough on the comb to make my own doll. The photo reflects about 2/3 of what came out..
The other day we had just finished cleaning the house in preparation for my parents' visit. I had dried my hair in the bathroom. This transpired:
Brendan: Is everything ok?
Me: Yeah, why?
Brendan: Apparently a Woolly Mammoth has used the bathroom and left hairs everywhere.
Me: Oh, that was just me.
(scene.)

Haha! Gross and funny. :) I'm also finding my hair everywhere, and it's so frustrating. I'm 4.5 months postpartum...I thought that I escaped the hair loss! No such luck. Now I'm constantly making sure J doesn't have any wrapped around his fingers creating a hair tourniquet.
ReplyDeleteNew follower!
http://jetsjourney.blogspot.com
Come check me out!
I look forward to reading more from you. :) Brixton is precious!
Haha, hilarious. Well, um ... not the part about your gorgeous locks losing their way but more so about the way it was written. I really enjoyed this post and can definitely relate. New follower from TAT; looking forward to reading more of your adorable blog.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Kate
it took about six months before my hair stopped falling out like that.
ReplyDeleteMy hair is still falling out. ugh :/
ReplyDeleteoh, you wait!! i was afraid to go in the shower and shampoo my hair. i lost probably half my hair and all my curls! it was awful. i suggest fish oil vitamins. hang in there. it took a year for my hair to get back to normal. actually, it never really did but it's better....
ReplyDeleteOhh yes, I remember that right after my boys were born. Except I didn't handle it nearly as well as you appear to be. First, absolutely no photos were second. And 2nd, I called my doctor! Totally freaked out.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, your little man is PRECIOUS. Definitely worth the hair loss.